Thursday, April 22, 2010

Play n Learn: BRIO's "Pick-A-Pair" Game

My Boy's First BRIO's Wooden Game: Pick-A-Pair

I knew this brand from a baby magazine which advertised its pull along wooden toys. See one at right.

I saw a wide range of BRIO's products at the oldest and largest 4-storey Toy Store in Japan, Hakuhinkan Toy Park which is located at Ginza. Hmmm.... what should I get for my tot. He has mega blocks at home and certainly he won't play pull along toy now. So what is suitable? At last, I saw the little black square box, Pick-A-Pair. I read the instruction. Oh, it is designed for enhancing memory skills. Guess this was what I looking for.

How do I play with my boy first? I let him tell the name of the animals printed on each wooden disc and then I ask him to find the same pairs before putting them back to the wooden box. He is still young to learn the rule of memory game. At this stage, he could train hand-eye coordination by matching the same pairs. Having fun too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails