Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Why? Because...

Recently... my boy likes to ask everything in details. His current fave words are "Why" and "Because" followed with the big '?' question mark. One answer simply can not make him satisfied. He wants to know more and more. For example, he asked me one night when he found daddy's not back home yet.

My boy: "Why daddy hasn't come home? so late already..."
I replied him that daddy was out to meet a friend.
Continuously my boy asked: "Because???"
Oh no, again he wanted to know why. I explained: "Well, because daddy has something to discuss with his friend and that's why daddy will come home late."
Still my boy was curious about it and said: "Because daddy's friend don't know something, is it?"
Errrrhhh....... how should I give him a satisfying answer??? On the other hand, I don't want to discourage his power of questioning. So I tried to distract him away from this topic with a final answer plus throw a new question: "Yes dear, you're right. Daddy needs to help his friend on something and so he goes to meet him. Hey, where's your car (toy)? Let's find it now."

Finding another "topic/target" is one of the best strategies to put an end to the previous topic while I really can't think of anymore good points or reasons for his 'Why & Because'. Hope you enjoyed the world of "Why??? Because..." like me soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails